17 February 2013

Finding Time



When I graduated college a couple of months ago, I was extremely excited to no longer have the constant stress of homework and studying. When I would get home from work, I would no longer have to read for class or take time to manage the club I helped start. While I understand the importance of it all, I was so excited to just go home

I have come to realize though that it isn't always that easy. I get off of work at 6 which is just awkward enough to feel like I don't have time to do anything when I get home. Really, it's mainly because it's already dark outside during this time of year, but the feeling is still there. Take an hour or so to cook and eat dinner, play with the dog for a bit, take a shower, and the rest of my time is wasted with social media and Reddit. Of course, that needs to change and I need to start taking initiative.

And then that's where I fail. What exactly do I do? I haven't decided on what kind of skills I would like to develop, so that means I should probably turn to social activities. Social activities are difficult due to the time I get off of work it has proven, so now I'm kind of staring at my hands and wondering what to do.

I don't know how much of a point I have with this post except to find someone with similar experience and hearing about other people's stories. What do you do with that awkward amount of time after work? I'm so happy to not have homework and studying, but now I'm unsure of what to do with my time. My next option is the gym (ick)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment