19 July 2012

The "Yellows" Dream

I haven't updated for a little while, but here goes. I will make a better post about Thailand soon, but I wanted to get this off of my mind.

Last night / this morning in my not-quite-asleep-but-definitely-not-awake stupor, I had a zombie apocalypse type dream. You might think, oh whatever, just one of those zombie nerds. NO. If you know me pretty well, you know that I hate anything to do with this current zombie trend. I absolutely hate even considering the possibility of a "zombie" apocalypse happening, much less griping over what weapon I would use in the scenario that it did happen. Given, I realize that these are rarely true zombies, usually the blame is some kind of disease, and that's exactly how my dream was as well.

In my dream, there were the sick people called the "yellows." Life went on relatively normally in my dream with the yellows about (in that fashion where dreams don't quite make sense), and more than anything, they were crazy people. They could still talk and function, they were just into killing and eating healthy people. I was actually going out to a bar in my dream when a bus full of good intention type sports guys pass the group I was with (no one I actually knew was in my dream). They call out and we joke back and forth in a friendly way and they continue on.

Suddenly, again as dreams do, I jumped forward to coming home for the night and there are these guys again but this time they are out of the bus and walking awkwardly down the street towards me. It's established that they have gone "yellow" and the one other person I'm with sprints off. The guys threaten me and I stand there, completely stiff and unable to run knowing that it would be absolutely futile. Suddenly the guys start laughing and say they were joking around. I relax, and they offer me a ride on their bus home since my friend left me.

When I get on the bus, one of the guys tell me about an army against the yellows that was extremely secretive and would only attempt to recruit you once, or something of the like. Anyways, the point is that they were a mysterious group that had a mysterious way of recruiting, usually involving yellow lights. At this point the guy turns back around as he was in the seat in front of me and talks to his girlfriend next to him (who suddenly appeared there, yeah, dreams).

Then, of course, random yellow lights begin to flash softly outside of the bus. I begin to feel adrenaline run into me, and get the attention of the guy in front of me. I point out the lights to him and he nods and faces back forward. The front part of the bus suddenly gets dark, and when it lights back up, some of the army recruiters in dark hoods are randomly seated throughout. I, again, point this out to the guy in front of me, he nods and he and a couple of other guys walk to the front of the bus. They stand their momentarily and I consider going up, but become scared and remain seated. The front of the bus goes dark again and the army and the guys who had walked up to the front are gone.

Motorcycles with yellow lights speed off beside the bus, the girl in the seat in front of me is now crying, and I am beginning to severely regret not going with them. I begin to panic in my head, "what am I going to do now?" "I guess I could find a someone who has really holed themselves up and hide with them?" (Because, apparently, at this point my earlier venture into the night was no longer going to be possible and everywhere in the world had become incredibly dangerous).

The one thought that stuck in my head and essentially woke me up was, "If I'm not fighting, then I'm only running and hiding."

I have been thinking about that for the rest of the day, and it is entirely true. If I'm not fighting against something, then I'm only running and hiding from it... hoping that the people who are fighting against it defeat it before it catches me. I'm not sure what the bigger risk would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment