29 July 2012

Oh Car Troubles...

I really like my car. Really, I do. It's a 2004 Kia Optima and it was bought for only $5,000 with around 70,000 miles on it. Well, unfortunately with cars, it does seem you often get what you paid for and it is beginning to die. Both the transmission and engine are beginning to go and the search for another car has begun.

While I know I still have at least a month before I can do anything, the entire car situation, as I have discovered, is extraordinarily stressful. Just deciding what to do with my car is stressful. Do I try to sell it as is? Do I just let it die completely and junk it? Should I donate it to one of the donate a car programs? Then, there's deciding how much I would want to finance, what I want my monthly payment to be...

Basically, first world problems.

But it still well, sucks.

I just want my car to work.

Not my car, but basically my car.
I have been looking at Nissan Versas and Toyota Yaris in general, but I'm open to other suggestions. I have been really looking at hatchbacks in general and as my car friend Jason has recommended, I'm not going to get a VW due to reliability issues in the 2000s.

So, this was mostly a complaining post. But that's my life at this moment. Cars. Blegh.

1 comment:

  1. My boyfriend suggested a VW, especially the new Jetta TDI's because they run on diesel and while it is more expensive than gasoline, you can drive 800 miles on a tank. In addition, if you're looking for a place to finance, my friend suggests auctiondirectusa.com. There's a site in raleigh. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete